Friday 13 September 2013

Who will win the title of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6?;Is it Drashti vs Lauren?

Who will win the coveted title of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6?


Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 6's final episode is finally here! The show that has captured the entire nation into a spell and has kept everyone huffing puffing at each performances of each dancing celebrities has finally reached its destination.

Well then who will be Colors’ Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 6 (BBC Worldwide Productions) winner is the talk of the town. Everyone is speculating on who will win this season of Jhalak out of the Top 4 finalists with some amazing dancers like Drashti, Lauren and Sonali and a non-dancer Shaan of this dance reality show.

The finale of Colors' dance reality show Jhalak Dikla Jaa 6 has four contestants Drashti Dhami, Lauren Gottlieb, Shaan and Sonali and Sumanth fighting for a place in the finals, where most probably two contestants will jump the final hurdle to make it to the finals. There are rumours circulating that the finals will have Lauren Gottlieb and Drashti Dhami fighting in the final round. The official website of Colors' Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 6 has the final performances of Drashti Dhami and Lauren Gottlieb and not Shaan or Sonali and Sumanth. This sort of hints the possibility of these two performing in the final round.

There are rumours circulating that the finals will have Lauren Gottlieb and Drashti Dhami fighting in the final round. The official website of Colors' Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 6 has the final performances of Drashti Dhami and Lauren Gottlieb and not Shaan or Sonali and Sumanth. This sort of hints the possibility of these two performing in the final round. 
Drashti has a culmination of success, popularity and talent and this will work in her favour. She has a high chance of winning Jhalak. Shaan have been seen working hard and also impressing the audience and the judges with his performances. Audiences have seen Sonali impressing the judges and both Sonali and her partner Sumanth will be appreciated for their performances. Lauren is a professional dancer also popular by now. She is quite favourite of the judges since day1. So who will win?

If we come to the fan following and performances of these two contestants, Drashti Dhami seems to be a front runner. Drashti's show on Colors Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon has a huge following and in particular for the role she is playing, Madhubala. This can be considered a huge plus for the actress. Whereas, Lauren Gottlieb, the American dancer-actress is a spectacular dancer and a brilliant performer and she too has considerable fan following.

A survey was conducted and the results are quite amazing:

Drashti Dhami 70% got votes
Lauren Gottlieb 13% got votes
Shaan got 8% votes
Sonali got 9% votes
So for now…Drashti is the favourite of the audience…

Lets take a look of the interview by telegraph india of the Top 4 Finalists of Jhalak 6


Drashti Dhami with her choreographer Salman Yusuff Khan

Drashti Dhami
Drashti is a popular TV actress who shot into the spotlight with Geet — Hui Sabse Parayi. Her chemistry with co-star Vivian Dsena on Madhubala on Colors has earned her a huge fan following.

On being a Jhalak finalist: I am on a high. I am very happy but very nervous at the same time.
Honestly, I think of myself as my biggest competitor. I want to get better with every act.

Jhalak journey so far: It’s been an amazing journey. I’ve made really good friends here and learnt so many dance forms. It’s been tiring and at one point I wanted to give up but it’s been a journey that I will never forget in my life.

Best act so far: When Salman Khan came on the show, it was a beautiful moment for me. Also when I got my first 30 on 30.When I danced to Humko aajkal (Sailaab), Karan Johar told me that I danced like a superstar!

Jhalak and me: It’s been a journey that I will never forget. Because of Jhalak, people know me now.

Preparation for finale: I am really, really tired right now. But there’s just few days left and so I am going to kill it! I’ve given my best and I really don’t know what my chances of winning are but… I want to win it.

If I don’t win: It would be Shaan. He’s really working very hard. Lauren is a professional dancer and the kids (Sonali and Sumanth) as well, but Shaan has really put in a lot of effort to be here.






















Sonali and Sumanth
The dance prodigies are the winners of last year’s India’s Got Talent. Nine-year-old Sonali, who hails from Sholoardari on the Indo-Bangladesh border, is the wonder kid of Jhalak. Hear it from Sumanth...Sonali & Sumanth

On being a Jhalak finalist: We are really happy to be in the finals, as Jhalak is a grand stage. This has all been possible because of our dance teacher Bivash Sir (Chowdhury).

Closest competition: Lauren di and Punit bhaiya (Pathak) because they are also professional dancers like us, but are more experienced.

Jhalak journey so far: It’s been difficult as we started off with Sonali’s injury. But with her recovery our performances got better.

Best act so far: Maria Maria where we did salsa and Man mohini where we performed semi-classical.

Jhalak and us: Jhalak gave us the opportunity to showcase different dance styles. Every time, we’ve tried to show something different.

Preparation for finale: We are going to show something that has never been seen, not just on Jhalak but for the first time in the world!


If we don’t win: Shaan bhaiya should win, as there has been a remarkable improvement in him from his first performance. Being a non-dancer he has reached the finals. He’s also a great person.

Lauren Gottlieb with her choreographer Punit Pathak
Lauren Gottlieb
A finalist on So You Think You Can Dance, Lauren has been dance teacher to Tom Cruise and Rihanna! She’s also acted in the hit Prabhudeva dance film ABCD.

On being a Jhalak finalist: It’s a dream come true. I groomed myself through Jhalak week after week and got 30 after 30 and I started getting more and more fans. Punit (Pathak, her choreographer-partner) and I have had a fabulous journey together.

Closest competition: It’s everyone because everyone wants it really bad. I’ve got to just focus on myself and bring out an amazing last performance because I want that trophy!

Jhalak journey so far: We’ve really put our best foot forward every week as we’ve wanted to do something that no one has ever seen. I’ve got amazing compliments from the judges and met some of the biggest Bollywood stars!

Best act so far: The ‘shama parwana’ act. It was one of those magical moments that I always wanted to have on stage. Karan Johar stood up and said that this was the best dance Jhalak had ever seen.

Jhalak and me: My life’s changed drastically. Before ABCD, no one knew me. Jhalak has made Lauren a household name.

Preparation for finale: It’s going to be a treat. I am confident of myself and let’s just see what happens.

If I don’t win: I’d want to see Punit as the winner! (Laughs) Every week he came up with something so mind-blowing.

Shaan with his partner Marischa Fernandes
Shaan
One of Bollywood’s most prolific playback singers, Shaan has gone from outsider to surprise package to dark horse to one of the favourites!

On being a Jhalak finalist: I am definitely very surprised to make it so far. I think, to quite an extent, it’s been from the audience votes that I have come so far.

Closest competition: Honestly, they are all too good for me. They are much younger than I am, they are more into dancing. I am just an outsider.

Jhalak journey so far: It’s been nice, but very tiring. I have lost about 5-6kg. In a way, I am very proud of myself that I’ve pulled it off without any major injuries. Today, I’ve learnt to appreciate dance more. I have also learnt the virtue of being more tenacious.

Best act so far: For the pillow act, I had put in a lot of hard work and it called for careful coordination. I have also done many daredevil acts.

Jhalak and me: I was always a little sceptical initially about how people would accept me, but I’ve got a lot of love and encouragement. It was also a process of self-discovery.

Preparation for finale: We have to put up a good show. I’ll do the best I can and put up a good fight.

If I don’t win: I think it’s fair to see Drashti as the winner. It is not a dance competition. Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa is dancing with the stars. I think it’s going to be Drashti.

Also, to add to all this, Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra will be on the show promoting their film Krrish 3. This has already been making rounds everywhere and there is huge expectations from this final episode. Let's wait and watch, if the rumours are true and Drashti and Lauren fight at the final round? Or the talent bombs, Sonali and Sumanth will in fact put up a fight for their stand too? We shall get all the answers on the final episode of the show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 6 on Colors tomorrow.

Let’s see what shapes ultimately. Whoever lifts the Jhalak trophy, the winner will always be the viewers. Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...