Monday 16 September 2013

Drashti is grateful to fans & feels larger than life on winning Jhalak but finds it difficult to believe that she actually won

Months of tasking schedule, sleepless nights, shedding blood, sweat, tears with their spirited and heart wrenching performances for over 16 weeks bruises and cramps…all the pain and hard work has finally paid off for Madhubala aka Drashti Dhami with Salman Yusuf Khan who very proudly bagged the Jhalak Trophy in the 6th installment on Saturday night in the presence of judges Karan Johar and Remo D’Souza. And have proved to the Trinity of JhalakMadhuri Dixit-Nene, Karan Johar and Remo D’souza and the viewers that they are the winners of the ultimate dance off -Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa 2013.

Drashti Dhami with the highest amount of votes in the Jhalak history. The no. 1 TV actress is now a popular Diva too.

Her never say die attitude, inimitable performances got her a lot of support from her fans and well-wishers that helped her bag the coveted title. Lauren Gottlieb and Sonali Majumdar were the first and second runner-up respectively.

Asked about her joining other reality shows, Drashti said right now her priority is Madhubala. "I will concentrate on Madhubala as I haven't given it too much time. As far as other reality shows are concerned, I don't know what I will do. As of now, I just want to rest and rejuvenate myself," she said.

Drashi-Salman team won the trophy as well as Rs50 lakh prize money. "I have no idea what I will do with the prize money as of now, lets see," Drashti said.


We must say her never say die attitude, inimitable performances got her a lot of support from her fans and well-wishers that helped her bag the coveted title. And a big thanks to her choreo-partner Salman Yusuff Khan. “Salman, my choreographer, was very understanding and pushed me to the level that has made me a dancer. Lastly, I will always be grateful to my fans who've always recognized my hard work, and never stopped showing their love through their votes,” said Drashti.

 The Grand Finale evening was graced by the Greek God of Bollywood – Hrithik Roshan along with Priyanka Chopra. The duo boosted the morale of the finalists who graced the stage one last time to give in their best.

India knew Drashti Dhami as a household name for her incredible acting skills as Madhubala but her challenge was to prove herself as a dancer without any prior professional training. With her choreo-partner Salman’s supportive mentoring, Drashti transformed into one of the most graceful dancers on the Jhalak stage. Drashti has portrayed some breath taking performances from bollywood to hip hop, from semi-classical to international dance forms like Rumba and Paso Doble. A well deserving winner of the trophy, Drashti juggled between shooting for a daily soap and rehearsing for Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. During the course of the show, Drashti did go through some lows but she bounced back as a fighter thanks to the immense love and support she received from the viewers.



Drashti was balancing television soap Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon along with Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.The work pressure was so high that she told her choreographer, Salman Yusuf Khan, that she wants to quit. "I did think of quitting. There was a time when I started getting low scores. The amount of energy, which I was trying to put into my performances, was not showing."
"After a month and a half, there is no physical strength left. It is only mental strength. I was so tired, I told Salman that I want to quit. He was shattered," she added.
"But I knew, I would not give up...I know myself," she added. The 28-year-old described winning the show as a "larger than life" feeling.
"It is a proud moment. It is larger than life feeling. But I am very tired and really zoned out right now," she said.

When asked about the victory, she said, ”I find it difficult to believe that I’ve actually won considering there were such great dancers with me in the competition. But after receiving appreciation from the judges, I was motivated to improve my performances with every passing week. Yes, I did believe my body was giving up in between as it’s not easy to shuffle between two shows but the judges encouraging words were like a morale booster that helped me give my best always. Salman, my choreographer,was very understanding and pushed me to the level that has made me a dancer. Lastly, I will always be grateful to my fans who’ve always recognized my hard work, and never stopped showing their love through their votes.”
The show’s hosts Kapil and Manish were at their humorous best and were accompanied by Kapil’s newest family aka Ali ‘Dadi’ Asgar and Sunil ‘Gutthi’ The ex-contestants of this season Sana Saeed, Mukti Mohan and Sidharth Shukla also gave an explosive performance on Raghupati Raghav from the movie Krish 3. Not just this, season5 contestants Rashmi Desai and Karan Wahi along with the last year winner Gurmeet Chaudhary showcased some fun-filled performances on the latest hits.
On the occasion of the Super Finale, Manisha Sharma, Weekend Programming Head, COLORS said, “This season we wanted to surprise audiences with pure dancing and fierce competition right from day one. Thanks to the incredible performances by our celebrity talent who dared to go beyond the usual and made Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa a top performer in the weekend and the No.1 dance reality show in India.”
Jhalak Dikhhhla Jaa, the local adaptation of the BBC Worldwide format Strictly Come Dancing, is produced in over 40 countries worldwide including India. Myleeta Aga, the Senior Vice President and General Manager, BBC Worldwide, India and Content Head Asia commented on the Season Finale, “This season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa we promised a bigger canvas with the bar being raised in terms of presentation and concepts and with the Super Finale I am content that we have achieved that. The winner Drashti Dhami truly redefined dancing by delivering international standards of performances this season


Since Saturday morning #VoteForDrashti #DrashtiShouldWinJDJ6 trended for 14 & 10:15 hrs respectively!

A proud moment for all her fans that Drashti after all her hard work got the love of fans via their votes & the trophy of Jhalak season 6 











































This proves the immense popularity of the actress....

Planet Drashti also congrats her on her grand win. Hope Drashti has a more succesful career ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...